Waste Water Treatment Plant and Incinerator Complex Sites 5EP2447 and 5EP2446, Fort Carson, Colorado.
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE LINCOLN NE MIDWEST ARCHEOLOGICAL CENTER
Pagination or Media Count:
Camp Carson, later renamed Fort Carson, was constructed in 1942 near Colorado Springs, Colorado, in response to the need for wartime facilities. The Waste Water Treatment plant 5EP2447 and the Incinerator Complex 5EP2446 were constructed as support facilities for the newly erected Camp Carson. These two adjacent sites were determined eligible for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places and contain 32 contributing and 33 non-contributing buildings and structures. This report discusses the initial construction and subsequent modifications of these buildings and structures.
- Civil Engineering
- Solid Wastes and Pollution and Control
- Water Pollution and Control