Indiana Army Ammunition Plant Energy Engineering Analysis. Executive Summary.
SANDERS AND THOMAS INC POTTSTOWN PA
Pagination or Media Count:
This analysis is undertaken to assist the Indiana Army Ammunition Plant INAAP in meeting the goals established in the Army Facilities Energy Plan to reduce energy consumption by 25 percent by FY 85. Projects selected for implementation as a result of this analysis will enable INAAP to achieve the FY 85 goal. Source energy consumed in 1975 was 508,000 MBTUs. This was reduced by INAAP to 346,000 in 1980 for a 32 percent savings. By combining INAAPs conservation effort with the projects described in this report, FY 1985 source energy consumption will be 218,000 MBTUs or a 57 percent reduction. Projects are divided into Standby and Mobilization Status. Standby status and Increment F projects will save approximately 54,000 MBTUs. Total reduction from FY 80 to the end of FY 85 will be approximately 128,000 MBTUs including 74,000 MBTUs from INAAPs energy conservation effort. The total installed cost of the Standby and Increment F projects is estimated at approximately 2.1 million. If Mobilization status projects are implemented, source energy consumption can be reduced by 3,365,000 MBTUs during periods of full mobilization. The cost of implementing the Mobilization projects is approximately 21 million.
- Non-electrical Energy Conversion
- Logistics, Military Facilities and Supplies