Fort George G. Meade Ordnance Survey (1400 - Acre Parcel).
Final rept. Feb 92-Jun 93,
INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY CORP EDISON NJ
Pagination or Media Count:
Fort George G. Meade is a 13,670-acre Army installation that is located in Anne Arundel County, MD, between Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC. The Defense Authorization Amendments and Base Closure and Realignment Act of 1988 mandated that 9,000 acre of Fort George G. Meade be closed and excessed. Subsequently, the Fiscal Year 1991 Military Construction Appropriations Act directed the transfer of 7,600 acres of the 9,OOO-acre site to the Department of the Interior for addition to the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center. The remaining l,400-acre parcel was subdivided into the following three subparcels 8OO-acre Department of the Interior Parcel Area A Tipton Army Airfield Parcel Area B Active Sanitary Landfill Parcel Area C An Enhanced Preliminary Assessment was completed In October 1989 finding that the potential for the presence of unexploded ordnance UXO exists anywhere on the Fort George G. Meade installation. The recommendation of this assessment was to conduct a survey to locate and remove UXO prior to releasing the property from US Army control.
- Military Forces and Organizations
- Ammunition and Explosives