Historic Archaeology of the Johnson (41DN248) and Jones (41DN250) Farmsteads in the Ray Roberts Lake Area: 1850-1950
Final rept. 1986-1991
NORTH TEXAS STATE UNIV DENTON INST OF APPLIED SCIENCES
Pagination or Media Count:
The Jones and Johnson farms are situated in Johnson Branch Park in the northcentral portion of the Ray Roberts Lake area. In fulfillment of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District, undertook a program to locate, inventory, and nominate significant cultral resources to the National Register of Historic Places and to take into account the effects of lake and park construction upon these significant resources. While Johnson Farm contains archeaeological deposits, the Jons farm includes archaeological remains and a number standing structures. Both sites are in the Johnson Branch Park which will be maintained by the TX Parks and Wildlife Dept.
- Humanities and History