Architectural and Landscape Survey of Camp Guernsey, Wyoming
ERDC-CERL CHAMPAIGN United States
Pagination or Media Count:
This document is an architectural survey of 107 cantonment buildings and structures at Camp Guernsey, Wyoming, constructed from 1939 through 2015 and utilized by the Wyoming Army National Guard WYARNG. This report determined there is one historic district at Camp Guernsey that is generally bounded by Portugee Phillips Road east, Sublette Avenue south, Fremont Avenue west, and Custer Avenue north. The district contains 78 buildings, with 25 recommended as contributing to the historic district for their association with the establishment of Camp Guernsey during the Works Progress Administration WPA and World War II WWII, and 53 buildings determined noncontributing. This survey satisfies Section 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 as amended, and it was used to recommend the eligibility of the Camp Guernsey Historic District for nomination to the National Register of Historic Places NRHP. Camp Guernsey Historic District is recommended significant at the state level under NRHP Criterion A for association with the WPA and WYARNG. The other 29 buildings surveyed were located outside the historic district and determined not eligible because they were not related to the historic context or to WWII, could not be linked to another historic context, or have not reached 50 years of age.
- Structural Engineering and Building Technology
- Humanities and History