GEOSCIENCE POTENTIALS OF SIDE-LOOKING RADAR. VOLUME I.
Rept. for 30 Mar-10 Sep 65.
RAYTHEON CO ALEXANDRIA VA AUTOMETRIC OPERATION
Pagination or Media Count:
A study was made to present a fair evaluation of the SLAR systems utility in geoscientific investigation. The series of products produced in this work permit a demonstration of the level of applicability of the system to terrestrial studies through exploitation of the systems inherent advantages of broad areal coverage, all-weather daynight operation, and economy and rapidity of data extraction. Many of these advantages can be readily extrapolated for use in our first tentative steps in the exploration of the lunar and planetary surfaces of our universe. Author
- Cartography and Aerial Photography
- Geology, Geochemistry and Mineralogy
- Hydrology, Limnology and Potamology
- Printing and Graphic Arts
- Active and Passive Radar Detection and Equipment