DEVELOPMENT OF PERISCOPE MOUNT, M104 (T195) SERIES.
PITTSBURGH UNIV PA
Pagination or Media Count:
The commanders cupola on the M48-series 90-mm gun tank has an internally mounted machine gun that can be loaded and fired without exposing the commander to enemy fire. To provide a sighting instrument for use in this new type of cupola, a project was opened in 1951 to develop the T42 periscope and the T195 periscope mount. The T42 was classified limited standard as the M25 in October 1955, and the T195 was made limited standard as the M104 at the same time. Author